Cooler weather makes me long for comfort food, and this recipe is comfort food at it's best. I also love that it's super easy to prepare. My family asks for this roast at least once a week or every other week, and I'm happy to oblige, because it is DELICIOUS! Enjoy!
1 (4-5 lb) beef roast (I prefer chuck roast)
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet dried Italian salad dressing mix
1 packet ranch dressing mix
½ cup water
1 Tbsp cornstarch
¼ cup water
Directions: Place roast in crock pot.
Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
Pour the water around the roast.
Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Remove roast from the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp cornstarch and ¼ cup water.
Slowly pour into the crock pot and stir.
Turn on high and place lid on for 15 minutes.
Stir gravy and serve over roast.
Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, here are some creative ways to say "I love you". Enjoy!
1. Share five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact.
2. Watch a sunset or sunrise together.
3. Call your parents and thank them for specific things they’ve done for you.
4. Pick out a book and read aloud together.
5. Set up a “media free” day/evening so you can fully focus attention on a loved one.
6. Get fancy. It’s a classic, but dressing up and splurging on a friend or loved one is a timeless way to tell someone you care.
7. Plan “the perfect date.” Do exactly what he or she loves to do, with no strings attached.
8. Revisit a first date or first meeting place and reminisce about what brought you together, what you’ve learned since and what you’re looking forward to together.
9. Make a handmade Valentine’s Day card. Creative, frame-able and ultra-sweet.
10. Write out an Alphabet of Appreciation. “You are A for Awesome, B for Beautiful, C for ...” (you get the idea).
11. Babysit for free for that couple you know desperately needs a night out.
12. FRESH. BAKED. COOKIES. Need we say more?
13. Handwrite a letter explaining why you love someone—and be specific.
14. Dedicate and perform a karaoke song (in public, of course) to your beloved.
15. ROAD TRIP! Take your love to that place he or she has always truly wanted to go.
16. Surprise someone with an early-morning date. Watch the sky light up, go to a favorite breakfast spot, drink coffee and start the day with a full cup of companionship.
17. “I like you. I love you. I’m proud of you.” Say and mean these three phrases often—affirmation through clear communication is the “chocolate-covered strawberry” of relationships.
Hello and welcome to the official website of published author and freelance writer, Stephanie Sullivan. Please check back often for updates on book releases, contests, and much more. Thank you for stopping by!