It's a rainy day here in the south. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
Friday, March 24, 2017
- 8 oz lean beef or turkey (90%)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 Hunt's Tomato sauce - 15 oz can
- 3 packets Sweet 'N Low
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits - 7.5 oz can
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Per serving - 215 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 1052 mg Sodium, 24 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 14 g Protein
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Take the day off everything; Work, school, whatever. There are 365 other days this year to be responsible.
- Go somewhere unexpected. Try a local attraction that you haven’t been to in a while. Maybe a museum or a science center or an indoor play park. The nice thing is that since it is the middle of the week, it could very possibly be less busy than on weekends or holidays.
- Try a new food, or introduce your kids to a new food. How about sushi? Or something maybe a little more adventurous if you eat sushi all the time.
- Three words: Breakfast for dinner.
- Get down on the floor and play with your kids.
- Do an art project. With paint. Or glitter. OR BOTH.
- What would you love to do if you had nothing on your to-do list? Do that.
- Go bowling.
- Regardless of whether you take the day off or not, have at least one dance party.
- Do your nails. Make sure they are bright and colorful and funky.
- Play outside. Whether you’re with kids or not.
- Play a board game. Or maybe a few. Let your kids pick their favorite.
- Wear socks that don’t match.
- Stay up late with a movie night. Pop popcorn.
- Binge-watch a season of whatever show you’ve been putting off watching on Netflix.
- Go to a local makeup counter and get a makeover.
- Take a nap.
- Have a coffee date. Take your kids, your spouse, or just go by yourself.
- Dye your hair. Bonus points for a non-natural hair color. Extra bonus points if it is permanent dye.
- Pick up a new chapter book that the whole family can enjoy. Read chapter 1 together.
- Get a babysitter and take your spouse on a date. Don’t have a spouse? Goof Off Day makes for a great first date.